Headteachers from the city’s primary and secondary schools have launched the Every Day Counts campaign alongside Hull City Council to raise awareness of the benefits of attending school every day.
Full-time primary and secondary school pupils who achieve 100 per cent attendance this academic year will be rewarded with an invitation to visit Hull Kingston Rovers or Hull FC rugby clubs for a morning of activities – and a chance to meet the players next summer.
In November, pupils who achieve 100 per cent attendance in this month will be entered into a prize draw, with Viking FM offering £250 plus 10 prizes of gift vouchers, concert tickets, cinema tickets and technology. To find out more about the prize draw visit www.planetradio.co.uk/viking/local/events/every-day-counts/
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE CAMPAIGN PRIZE DRAW
- These terms and conditions apply to the prize draw for the School Attendance campaign.
- The competition start date is Monday 4 November 2019, the end date is Friday 29 November 2019.
- Schools will notify the Council of all children in primary and secondary schools (not including 6th Forms) in the Hull City Council boundary that have 100% attendance during the month of November, and they will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- For the avoidance of doubt any pupils with medical appointments (including all appointments that cannot be made outside of school hours) during the month of November who have notified their school of these appointments in advance, will not be excluded from the prize draw – i.e. attendance at medical appointments will not be deemed to constitute a school absence.
- The Council will enter all submitted pupil names submitted by schools into the draw and will randomly select the winner.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of £250.
- The Council will inform the winning child’s school. The school will then inform the winner and their parents/carers and will seek permission for the child’s name to be provided to Viking FM for promotional and marketing purposes relating to the School Attendance campaign.
- Subject to obtaining the relevant consents the winner will be announced on Friday 13 December 2019, this will be done via a Facebook Live announcement which can be shown in all schools.