We’ll be updating you soon with details of all the exciting stuff we’ve got planned!
Across the country, thousands of people take part in dry January every year and experience the benefits of a whole month alcohol free.
If you decide to sign up, you can look forward to -
• a free app to help you enjoy the experience and keep track of how you’re doing
• more energy
• better sleep (and maybe better sleep for your partner, as you’re likely to snore less)
• weight loss, thanks to cutting out the empty calories in alcohol
• a bigger bank balance to go with your smaller waist line – alcohol isn’t cheap
• a sense of achievement in taking part
• new ideas for fun things to do and alternative drinks to enjoy
• use the challenge to fundraise, every penny you make goes to charity
The aim of dry January is not just to get you to give up alcohol for a month, it’s a good starting point for many people to re evaluate how much they drink. The One You campaign is a health awareness drive aimed at all adults, particularly those aged over 40. While it addresses all aspects of health, drinking less is one of the key elements.
You can access year round support and information on healthy alcohol consumption on the One You website.
There’s also a brand new free alcohol tracker app (available through Google Play or Apple’s app store), which can help you manage the amount you drink and give you an overview of how many calories and units of alcohol you’re getting through.
To find out how your overall health picture looks, try the how are you quiz – a quick self assessment which will pick up on what you’re doing well and where you need to improve.
If you're worried about how much you're drinking and are looking for support, ReNew can help you. ReNew is Hull's specialised service for people affected by alcohol.