The campaign ‘Worried about a child in your neighbourhood?’ will raise awareness of how residents can play their part and highlight the ways they can contact the council or NSPCC about a child who may potentially be at risk.
If residents see any one or more of these signs, then they are urged to share their concerns:
- Aggression, repeated shouting
- Hearing hitting or things being broken
- Children crying for long periods
- Young children left on their own
- Children looking dirty, not changing their clothes
- Children looking withdrawn or anxious
If you are worried about the welfare of a child or young person then share your concerns confidentially here
Alternatively, you can contact the NSPCC via www.nspcc.org.uk or 0808 800 5000.