When we calculate your benefit we take into account the following -
- how much money you and your partner have coming in each week
- any saving and investments you and your partner have
- who lives in your household and their circumstances
- how much rent you are charged
- how much Council Tax you have to pay
Benefit is calculated comparing your income and household circumstances to an amount the government says you need to live on each week.
Use our benefits calculator to see how much Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction you might be abe to receive.
If either you or your partner are self employed or a student the calculator is unable to give you an accurate estimate of benefit due to the type of income you receive.