If you are applying for housing benefit and or council tax reduction we may need proofs to verify your application, or any changes, before a decision can be made.
How to provide proofs
You can -
- you can scan or photography original documents and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit one of our Customer Service Centres
- send your proofs to us (do not send any valuable documents through the post)
Hull City Council Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 15
Identity for you and your partner –
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- current passport
- medical card
- driving license in phot card format
- UK residence permit
- EEC identity card
- letter from a government department
National Insurance number for you and your partner
- National Insurance number card
- P60 or payslips
- Letter from the Department for Works and Pensions (DWP)
Other evidence you may be required to submit -
- capital, savings and investments for you and your partner
- earnings for you, your partner and any non dependants living with you
- self employed income for you, your partner and any other adults living with you
- benefits, allowances or pensions for you, your partner and any other adults living with you
- your tenancy agreement and proof of rent paid
- child care costs
- any other eligible expenses
You may also receive a letter requesting further proofs from a benefits officer where needed.
If you do not have any payslips, or they are handwritten, ask your employer to fill in a proof of earnings form.
If you have childcare costs but don't have receipts, ask your childcare provider to complete a childcare costs form.
If you don't have a a tenancy agreement or have no proof of your rent, ask your landlord to complete a landlord rent declaration form.