Sheltered Housing

COVID-19 Service Update - 

The Sheltered Housing team are continuing to offer services to residents living in Hull City Council sheltered schemes, but are contacting people via the intercom system wherever possible to minimise face to face contact.  All usual health and safety checks are being completed.

The lifeline service continues to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  The team is still able to accept new referrals for the installation of lifelines but will not be visiting for any non essential maintenance checks at this time.

Sheltered Housing 

If you are over 55 and you wish to live independently but would like the added security of support staff, you may wish to consider applying for sheltered housing.

You can choose from a number of sheltered housing schemes across the city, which all provide modern facilities. All of our properties are fitted with an emergency alarm system which allows you to call for help, 24 hours a day.

If you would like to apply for sheltered housing, you need to fill in a HomeSearch application form.

Apply for sheltered housing

You can also pick up an application form from any customer service centre or information point, or telephone 01482 300 300 and we can post one to you.

Find your nearest customer service centre or information point

Assistance available to you

When you move into one of our sheltered housing schemes, we work with you to develop a support plan tailored to your individual needs. The support available includes -

  • a 24 hour emergency alarm service monitored through the Kingston Care Control Centre
  • a calling service based upon your needs
  • assistance to contact other services


The sheltered housing support charge varies according to the types of facilities provided at each scheme and this is in addition to the rent for accommodation.

Contact us

Sheltered Housing Department
Hull City Council
Third Floor
Treasury Building
Guildhall Road
Telephone - 01482 614 300
Email -

Existing Sheltered Housing Tenants

If you have a query about your existing Sheltered Housing, i.e. accommodation you are already living in,  please complete the form below.  The form below is NOT for Sheltered Housing applications.