Safeguarding adults - Raise a concern

To discuss your concerns of suspected abuse or neglect you can -

What happens after you share your concerns with us

When you contact us we will discuss the concern with you to determine what needs to happen next.  In some instances this may result in us undertaking further enquiries or we may suggest a different course of action.

If you are contacting us with concerns for someone else we will want to make arrangements to talk to the person themselves about the concerns.  We will do this by telephone or through a visit.

We will always want to find out the views and wishes of the person at risk before deciding on any safeguarding action. 

We work with the person to help them make any changes they have identified to better protect themselves from abuse or neglect.

Sometimes the person at risk of abuse is not able to make these decisions. Where this is the case we will make sure that any actions taken are in the person’s best interest, in line with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.

Usually a person has a friend or relative who can offer some support  during a safeguarding enquiry but if the person has no one to support them we can arrange an advocate for them. This is someone to speak up for them and act on their behalf.