The Focus on Safety award is available to business in a childcare setting such as
The scheme is free to join and aims to reduce accidents to children by encouraging childcare settings to keep accident prevention high on the agenda for children, carers and parents
Why should your business join the award scheme?
- demonstrates your business is committed to child safety both whilst the children are in your care and at home
- you will receive resources specific to the age group and accident prevention themes on loan free of charge
- you will be provide with information about other events and safety alerts
- you will receive free training and be provided with information about other events
- you will receive valuable publicity through media and Council website; electronic logo and strap line can be used on any of your own publicity material
- you will receive ongoing support to help you meet requirements of health and safety law
The award scheme has been endorsed by the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT), and is a partnership between Hull City Council’s Public Protection, Public Health and Early Years, with input from Humberside Fire and Rescue and childcare providers.
“This is an impressive scheme that identifies opportunities to engage parents, staff and children to consider how accidents happen and how to avoid them. I think nurseries and childminders will find this very useful resource”, Kevin Lowe, Head of Consultancy and Training Services at CAPT.
If you would like further information on the award scheme, or would like to discuss this further, you can contact us:
by email – email@example.com
by post – Environmental Health, Hull City Council, 33 Witham, Hull, HU9 1DB.