If you are a tattooing business in Hull you can join our tattoo hygiene rating scheme (THRS). This scheme is free and is designed to improve hygiene and safety standards of tattooing. Your customers will be able to make an informed choice about where to get a tattoo based on the results of your most recent assessment.
The scheme aims to -
- drive up standards and adoption of best practice across the industry
- reduce the risk of incidents of infection and transmission of infectious disease from tattooing procedure
- promote the use of reputable tattooists
Rated tattoo businesses in Hull
|Name||Address||Date of inspection||Rating|
|Cruithni Custom Tattoo Studio||1 Grammar School Yard
|15 August 2017||4|
|Crow and Butterfly Tattoo Hull||Unit 3a
23 Arthur Street
|30 January 2018||4|
Rated tattoo businesses
A comprehensive list of current tattoo hygiene ratings for all businesses participating in the scheme nationwide is displayed on the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) Cymru Wales website.
What happens next
Once we receive your application we contact you to arrange a convenient time to visit and advise of any improvements necessary.
Assessment of tattooing business
Your assessment will be carried out on a later date and you will be issued with your rating.
During an assessment we check that the businesses hygiene standards are meeting legal requirements and good practice such as -
- cleanliness of premises, fittings and equipment
- personal hygiene and working practices of tattooists
- training and professional development of tattooists
- record keeping
You will be issued with your rating and will receive a certificate and window sticker that you can display. The ratings are -
- needs improvement
- very good