All non-domestic buildings with cooling towers or evaporative condensers must legally register with us.
The primary purpose of this is to identify potential areas that could give rise to spread of infectious disease, legionella, and to ensure preventative measures are taken to eliminate the risk of such infection arising to employees and the public.
We must be notified immediately in writing if a site has cooling towers or evaporative condensers. However, you do not need to register if the cooling tower or evaporative condenser -
- contains no water that is exposed to air; and
- its water supply is not connected; and
- its electrical supply is not connected
How to notify us
Download the notification form below and return it to us.
What happens once we receive your notification
- we may contact you to verify the details and ask for further information
- we will update the cooling tower register
Fees and charges
Notification is free.
We are required to maintain a register of cooling towers and evaporative condensers located within the city.
Should you require any additional information use the online form below to contact us