Gas safe register

Gas installers wanting to undertake domestic and certain other gas work in Great Britain must be on the Gas Safe Register to lawfully carry out any work on gas fittings, including gas appliances.

Apply for Gas Safe registration

The Gas Safe Register is the only gas installer registration scheme approved by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

Visit Gas Safe to apply for registration

Find a Gas Safe registered engineer

If you are having gas work done in your home or workplace you should only use a Gas Safe registered engineer. 

If you are a food business operator, you must use a gas engineer who is Gas Safe Registered and competent to work on the particular gas appliances in your business.

You can check an engineer or business is on the Gas Safe Register online, by checking their ID card, or by calling the Gas Safe Register on 0800 408 5500

Visit the Gas Safe register to check if an engineer is registered

How to make a complaint

Visit Gas Safe to report an illegal gas worker or make a complaint against a Gas Safe registered business

Contact us

Environmental Health 

Hull City Council

33 Witham



Email -