If you provide any chargeable service, or are selling products in the open air (including on private land), to the public such as -
- hot food
- fruit and vegetables
- ice cream
you need to apply for street trading consent.
To make an application complete an application form and include a site map of the specific location(s) you will be trading and:
- send to email@example.com
- submit in person at the Wilson Centre, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AG
- post to Planning Services, 2nd Floor, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA
When we receive your application , a £34 application fee is payable.
Payment can be made by card by calling 01482 300300 or by card, cash or cheque at The Wilson Centre.
Once you have submitted a valid application and paid your administration fee, a 14 day consultation period will begin.
A decision on whether or not your application has been approved can take between six to eight weeks. You will be notified on the outcome of that decision.
If your application is approved, the fees are -
- £1800 (£450 per quarter) for hot food to be served during the day or night
- £848 (£212 per quarter) for all other types of street trading
New fees were formally adopted by the council at its meeting on 17 September 2020. The new fees can be found below and will come into effect on 1 April 2021.
Use our online form below to submit a query relating to street trading consent.