Street trading consent

If you provide any chargeable service, or are selling products in the open air (including on private land), to the public such as -

  • hot food
  • fruit and vegetables
  • ice cream
  • confectionery

you need to apply for street trading consent.

To make an application complete an application form and include a site map of the specific location(s) you will be trading and:

  • send to
  • submit in person at the Wilson Centre, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AG
  • post to Planning Services, 2nd Floor, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

When we receive your application we will contact you to arrange payment of an administrative fee of £34.

Payment can be made by card by calling 01482 300300 or by card, cash or cheque at The Wilson Centre.

The responsibility of street trading has transferred to Planning Services and enquiries can be made by calling 01482 300300 or by email


Application process

Once you have submitted your application and paid your administration fee your application will be heard at the next available Planning Committee

Decisions on applications can take up to eight weeks. 

You are notified of this decision in writing and how to progress your application.

Consent fees

If your application is approved you will be required to pay a fee of

  • £1800 (£450 per quarter) for hot food to be served during the day or night 
  • £848 (£212 per quarter) for all other types of street trading