Disability registration

If you have a disability, you can register with us as a disabled person. 

You do not have to register, but it may help in getting concessions such as reduced fares for public transport.

Assessments for registration are carried out by a social care advisor at The Wilson Centre.

Replacement registration cards are also issued at The Wilson Centre.

COVID-19 Service Update

The Wilson Centre is now appointment only.

For the safety of our customers and staff, our Customer Service Centres will be operating an appointment only system. This will allow us to comply with government guidelines relating to social distancing.

Access more information and how to book an appointment

How to register as disabled

Sight loss

Please contact your GP so they can refer you to a consultant eye specialist, who assesses whether you qualify to register as blind or partially sighted.

If you qualify, the eye specialist completes a certificate of vision impairment and send it to us. We then register you as disabled.

Physical or learning disability

Please contact a social care advisor at The Wilson Centre in person.

Hearing loss

To be registered for your hearing loss you must have had an audiogram or have a total or profound hearing loss. The citywide sensory team request the outcome of your audiogram to confirm whether you are eligible for registration. Contact them by emailing sensoryteam@hullcc.gov.uk

Physical, limbless or learning disability

To proceed with any disability registration, you will need to bring with you written medical proof which states the nature of the disability.