COVID-19 Service update -
Due to the coronavirus situation the team are currently responding to emergency services, which are attending to burial and cremation services only.
Please note that the following requests for services therefore will take us longer than usual to respond -
- a request to search for family history information
- a request to transfer a burial plot to a new deed holder - unless it is required for a pending burial.
- a request to purchase memorabilia, such as a plaque, vase or bench
- a request to arrange an exhumation of ashes, unless it is an urgent situation.
- a request for an appointment with the team, unless it is in relation to a pending burial or cremation.
We acknowledge receipt of your request, and we will aim to contact you again about your request in February 2021.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The crematorium office at the Chanterlands crematorium has re-opened 14 September.
However, in order to maintain covid safety we are operating a strict appointment only service.
If you wish to discuss a bereavement service related matter please ring 01482 614 976 for help and if necessary to book an appointment to see a bereavement officer.
The building has been assessed and is covid secure. Visitors entering the building will be required to wear a face covering and sanitise their hands.
We provide support and advice on all issues relating to -
- cemeteries and burials
- funerals - arranging a funeral and expenses
- memorials and after cremation commemoratives
- family history and historical information
We have five cemeteries and one crematorium located within the city boundary, these are -
- Chanterlands avenue crematorium
- Eastern cemetery
- Hedon road cemetery
- Northern cemetery
- Priory woods cemetery
- Western cemetery
The large chapel capacity has now been increased to 30 people and the small chapel 12 people.
When making a request for appointments, advice or information we need -
- your name, address and telephone number
- the best time to contact you
- details of the advice you require
If you have any further questions please contact bereavement services on 01482 614 976 or email email@example.com or complete below online form.
For more information on Public Health Funeral Policy access PDF document below.
Opening hoursMonday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Tuesday: 10:30 am-4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Hull City Council
Chanterlands Avenue Crematorium
Grounds opening hours - 1 April - 31 October
Monday - Sunday 8.30am - 7.30pm
Grounds opening hours 1 November - 31 March
Monday - Sunday 8.30am - 4.30pm (other access gates may be closed earlier)
The Chanterlands crematorium book of remembrance is now open everyday between 8.30am to 4.30pm.