COVID-19 Service update -
It is with regret, however, following Government emergency legislation relating to the Coronavirus pandemic that we have had to close Chanterlands Crematorium with effect 1 April 2020 including the following -
- administration Office
- book of Remembrance Room
- sunken garden area.
Cremation Services are still continuing. Those attending cremation services only, should go to the relevant chapel but are recommended to wait in cars until the funeral cortege arrives.
Only immediate family members should attend a funeral and no more than ten attendees. It is recommended social distancing of two metres must be observed at all times.
No persons should visit the Chanterlands Crematorium, other than to attend a cremation service until further notice.
Cemeteries remain open as usual, however only immediate family should attend with a maximum of ten people allowed to be present at the graveside and social distancing guidance must be followed.
Crematoria and cremations
Find out information about cremations, music options available and webcasting.
We can help with -
- advice and assistance prior to or after a funeral
- providing up to date advice on relevant legislation
- information on up and coming funerals
- the cremation process
- booking appointments to visit the crematorium
- arrangements to view the committal of the coffin into the cremator after the service
- appointments to witness the scattering of cremated remains
- the arrangements to send or receive remains from abroad
You can ask for additional or unusual music for your service. We can obtain any additional music, providing it is commercially available. To arrange this we need two working days notice. We can also arrange webcasting for family members or friends that can not attend a service.
Access information about our -
- infant cremations and baby ashes policy