Gypsy and Traveller sites

We have a Gypsy Liaison team responsible for the management of permanent caravan parks in Hull. We help residents to get access to mainstream services. We also liaise with residents and external services to promote community development.

Our services are delivered in line with our policy to Gypsies and travellers.

Permanent caravan site locations

Hull has four permanent caravan parks for the Gypsy and Traveller community -

  • Bankside Park (27 Pitches), Bankside, Hull, HU5 1RN
  • Bedford Park (10 pitches), Bedford Park, Cleveland Street, Hull, HU8 8AQ
  • Newington Street (10 pitches), Newington Street, Hawthorne Avenue, Hull, HU3 5ND
  • Wilmington Park (23 pitches), Bedford Street, Cleveland Street, Hull, HU8 8AP

Pitches consist of a concrete hard standing for one or two caravans, a brick built amenity block with toilet facilities, kitchen, bath or shower and a limited amount of storage pace.

For more information New pitches/sites

To apply for a pitch you need to complete an application which is available from the Gypsy and Traveller Liaison Officer.  Please contact them to request the form.  Please note there are a limited number of spaces, so there is a waiting list for all sites.


Double pitch - £94.68 per week (August 2020)

Single pitch - £63.16 per week (August 2020)

Electric supply

Each pitch has connection(s) to a 16 amp supply.

Electricity is charged at a rate that reflects the market price to the owner and includes the cost of annual service charge. Payment for electricity is made by the pitch occupier using a pre-payment top up card provider by the owner.

Water supply

The occupier is required to pay for the water and sewerage charges connected with the supply of water to the pitch in accordance with the owner's written instruction.

Temporary stopping places

We do not have any transit or temporary stopping places.


Local residents concerns

We aim to ensure that the needs and concerns of local residents are balanced with needs of the travelling communities.

If you have concerns about Travellers or Gypsies on land near you, you can contact us.

If the land is private, it is the responsibility of the landowner to take appropriate action. If the land is council land, and is not approved as a permanent caravan site, you can notify us and we will take the appropriate steps.