Your venue - your choice
Legal marriage ceremonies can only take place at a venue that has been approved for this purpose. This can restrict options and prevents you from having an outdoor ceremony.
A Freedom Ceremony is a new concept offered by Hull Registration Service that gives you the ability to celebrate your marriage at a ceremony in the location of your choice.
This could be open air ceremony in the garden, or an usual themed ceremony staged in a village hall, or in your own home or somewhere else that is not licensed for marriage.
With our freedom ceremony we will provide a ceremony that covers all the legalities, along with a ceremony written especially for you to celebrate your marriage. In addition to your freedom ceremony being at a venue of your choosing you will have the added freedom of including religious or cultural traditions, not usually included within a civil marriage ceremony.
If you're a couple that wants to be different and hold your ceremony in a venue that by law could not be approved for ceremonies, with the added option of writing and personalising your own ceremony, then this is the option for you.
To ensure or legal aspects of a marriage are met we will arrange a legal ceremony on the day of your choice to take place at the Register Office. This will then be followed by your own personal ceremony at the venue hand-picked by you. Where possible we will ensure that the same celebrant is available to provide both services so that you receive a seamless service and both the legal part and wider celebration are linked together as a continuous service.
Whether you want traditional, vintage, quirky or modern, the choice is completely yours, our celebrant will be on hand throughout to discuss your wishes and help you develop your own unique ceremony.
What the Freedom package includes-
- the booking fee to reserve the dates and times for both ceremonies
- a legal ceremony at the Register Office on a day of your choice
- a copy of your legal certificate
- a personal celebrant to guide you through all the processes
- a meeting to discuss your requirements and content of your ceremony
- if applicable, a visit by our staff to ensure the venue is safe
- your unique personal ceremony conducted by your personal celebrant
- a keepsake copy of your personal ceremony
- a commemorative certificate to sign on the day of your ceremony.
What the package does not include-
- the legal preliminaries i.e. ‘Notice of marriage/civil partnership’ - this is a requirement by law and must be completed in the district where you live and therefore not necessarily the district where you intend to marry and have your Freedom Ceremony
- the fee for the ceremony will vary depending on the day and time that you choose.
You will need to contact the specific venue of your choice regarding their availability and their own venue room hire charges.
The fee for your legal notice of marriage/civil partnership is £35 per person.
For more information please contact us on telephone 01482 300300 or email email@example.com
The Wilson Centre
Alfred Gelder Street
Telephone - 01482 300 300
|Monday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||10.30am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Friday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Saturday||10am - 1pm|