If you change your address you need to tell us as soon as possible.
You need the following information to fill in this form -
- the address you are moving from
- your Council Tax account number if you were responsible for paying Council Tax at that address
- the date you moved out
- the date of the sale of your old home if you were the owner
- the end date of your lease or tenancy if you were the tenant
- the name of the person who bought your old home if you were the owner
- the name and address of your landlord if you were a tenant
- your new address
- the date you moved in
If you do not provide information regarding the new occupier of your old property, you could still be held on charge at that address.
If you pay your Council Tax by direct debit and you are moving -
- within the Hull boundary we will transfer all the direct debit details to your new address. There is no need to cancel your direct debit.
- out of the Hull boundary we will cancel the instruction when we update your account. If you have any arrears on your account, the direct debit will remain until these have been fully paid.