Hull City Council will use any information that you provide to assess you for suitability for equipment to be installed in your property as part of the Assistive Technology Project which is led by the Housing Strategy and Development Team.
We can be contacted-
Housing Strategy and Development
Hull City Council
PO Box 15
By Telephone -
01482 300 300 or 01482 612 273
By email -
We process information about -
- our clients with a learning disability applying for support to enable more independent living in their current accommodation
- family members who currently reside at the same address
- professional support workers involved with the clients
The type of information we hold includes -
- name, contact details and date of birth
- biographical, demographical and family information
- health, Welfare and safeguarding information
- housing, landlord details and technologies required
We receive information from -
- NHS (OTs)
- Adult Social Care
- Professionals at other organisations such as CASE, MIND, or Housing Association’s.
This Information is processed in order to assess the client for suitability for any Assistive Technology equipment which will be funded by the project for a period of three years from installation.
Safeguarding information is processed to ensure the welfare of customers, staff and partners.
We retain referrals and assessments for a minimum of three years. Where a referral is made with regard to a Hull City Council tenancy the details will be transferred to the Housing tenancy file and retained for 12 years from the end of the tenancy.
The information will also be held with Adult Social Services to ensure that they are able to support and monitor the technologies in the properties for the duration of the project.
If you would like to enquire about how your personal information is processed by us or wish to retain please contact –
Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
You also have the right to complain to the regulator –
Information Commissioners office
Telephone – 0303 1 231 113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.