Child Friendly - Mind of my own Privacy Notice

Your social worker or carer will talk to you about either accessing ‘Mind of My Own’ on their laptop or downloading the app to your mobile phone.  The Mind of My Own app as a quick and easy way to let your worker know your thoughts and feelings.

If you want to talk to someone about this -

either talk to your social worker directly or

call us on 01482 300 300 or


The Council will collect up the information that you enter on the forms on ‘Mind of my Own' and will read it and the law says we must look after it. We can do this because the laws that are designed to help keep you safe say we can.

We will keep your personal information safe but we may need to share it with other people, if -

  • the law says we have to
  • you or someone else might get hurt if we don’t
  • if the police ask us for it

You can ask for your one app account to be deleted whenever you want. To do this either talk to your social worker or carer or email, once they have done it they will email you back.

Even though your information will be deleted from Mind Of My Own, all the statements you sent to workers will have been stored on by the council on our computers.

Although you choose who your statement is sent too, once you send it in it will be saved on our computers which means other people, such as people in charge of looking after you may be able to see it.

We might keep this for up to 100 years depending how we have helped you.

If you would like to talk to someone in the council about this or you are not happy about this, you can talk to the following people -

Hull City Council

Data Protection Officer

Room 11

The Guildhall




Tel; 01482 300 300

You also have the right to complain to the regulator -

Information commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane




Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (Local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number

Online enquires