In the course of our work we collect personal information from businesses so that we can support the growth of SMEs based in the Humber through 1:1 advice, grants, and workshops through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Humber Business Growth Hub projects; Investment Readiness for Growth, ICT for Growth , and Business Growth Programme.
The Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is the managing authority for the three HBGH projects, supported by the 2014 to 2020 European Regional Development Fund programme. In addition the Business Growth Programme is part-funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
We can be contacted –
Humber Business Growth Hub
Hull City Council,
We process information about-
- businesses and their employees
- our delivery partners
The types of information we hold includes-
- name, addresses and contact information
- company Information (including financial)
- information about employees
We receive information from-
- individuals (Sole Traders)
We may share information about you or your business with our delivery partners. This is only done when they are delivering part of the programme on our behalf. Our delivery partners are-
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- North Lincolnshire Council
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- e-factor Group Ltd
During the delivery of the project we are under contractual obligation to undertake an evaluation which will be carried out by an external organisation. We may share information about you or your business with this external organisation in order to fulfil this obligation.
Information is processed to enable us to support businesses in the Humber area, in line with the requirements of our funding.
This processing is undertaken on the basis of-
- 6(1)(c)processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- 6(1)e processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- 9(2) processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of Union or Member State law which shall be proportionate to the aim pursued, respect the essence of the right to data protection and provide for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.
The terms and conditions of the EU funding require that documents and electronic information relating to the delivery of the Programme must be retained until 31st December 2033. The Local Authority as Accountable Body for the Programme is required to comply with current UK law and contractual conditions for funding.
Individuals and/or businesses may request the deletion of their data that is held by the Programme; however such requests will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Where the individual or business has been a recipient of funding from the Programme details must be retained until the Programme concludes. In all cases the Local Authority will comply with UK law and the requirements of funding bodies.
If you would like to enquire about how your personal information is processed or wish to complain please contact –
Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
Telephone – (01482) 300300
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the regulator –
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Online enquiries - https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/