Hooyu web search privacy notice

Hull City Council Private Housing (Environmental Health) Team will use information obtained from Hooyu web search software to -

  • Determine the correct ownership of a property
  • Ascertain the addresses of any owners and interested parties
  • Establish contact details for owners and interested parties
  • Establish if the person responsible for the Mandatory Licensed Housing in Multiple Occupation meets the required fit and proper person test

We can be contacted by post -

Private Housing (Environmental Health) Guildhall
Alfred Gelder Street

By telephone
01482 300 300

By email

The types of information we process includes - 

  • names and contact information
  • financial information
  • details of current accommodation and any housing issues or concerns
  • health, welfare and safeguarding information

We receive information from -

  • members of the public
  • councillors
  • building contractors
  • other Council departments
  • housing providers
  • Humberside Police
  • Humberside Fire and Rescue

We process personal information to deliver our statutory functions as a local authority – working with Private Homeowners, Private Sector Tenants and Landlords Housing Association Tenants and Landlords. 
Councillors and tenants and members of the public can make service requests to the council regarding poor housing conditions either occupied or vacant properties.  Private Housing (Environmental Health) also

Find out more information on our general privacy notice page

If you would like more details about how we use your personal information or wish to complain please contact -

Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
Room 11 
The Guildhall
Email - Information@hullcc.gov.uk
Tel: 01482 300300

You also have the right to complain to the regulator –

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number

Visit the ICO website to contact by email