The main aims of early help are to support families with complex needs and help them make a positive change in their lives. We are sharing your information to help improve the services your family and other families receive in the future.
Contact us for more information;
Telephone; 01482 300 300
The types of information we process, including sensitive personal data are as follows;
- names and contact details
- family and household information including employment/income
- health and social care
- crime and anti social behaviour
- school attendance
We process personal data to deliver our functions as local authority and offer support to families requiring early help, this in accordance with GDPR conditions 6(1)(e) and 9(2)(g).
We obtain information from the following;
- our staff working directly with families
- from other local authority data systems
- professionals at other organisations including Humberside Police, Humberside Fire & Rescue, NHS and Health partners, Schools and Academies
- voluntary sector organisations
- housing providers including hostel accomodation
We will keep your personal information safe and confidential but we may be required to share it were;
- we are required by law to share it
- any person may be at risk of harm if the information is not shared
- it is necessary to prevent, detect, investigate or punish a crime
Early help information is shared with the Office of National Statistics to meet the requirements of the National Troubled Families programme.
Early help records are retained for 7 years.
Data that is submitted to the ONS for data evaluation must be retained for the duration of the national Troubled Families programme, this is currently scheduled to end in 2022.
If you would like to eqnuire about how your personal information is processed by us or wish to complain please contact;
Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
Tel; 01482 300 300
You also have the right to complain to the regulator;
Information commissioner's Office
Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (Local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number