Hull City Council Refugee Service will use information provided by the Home Office, and information which you provide, to provide resettlement to you under Home Office - UNHCR resettlement programmes.
This includes the provision of accommodation and housing management support to you, and assisting other organisations involved in supporting resettled refugees, via refugee resettlement programmes, to provide a service to you.
The Refugee Service processes information about -
- refugees who will be resettled, including family composition, health, disabilities, case history and welfare issues
- professionals involved in providing refugee resettlement services
- providers of all types of accommodation in Hull, Local Authority, private provider, housing association, charities.
The types of information we process includes -
- name, date of birth, ethnicity, religion, country of origin
- biographical and family information
- details of current accommodation and any housing issues or concerns
- health issues, mental health issues and disabilities
- welfare and safeguarding information
- case history including significant issues prior to resettlement
- contact information
We receive information from and distribute information to -
- Home Office
- partner organisations who are involved in delivery of refugee resettlement in UK, including Refugee Council, Migration Yorkshire, other UK local authorities
- other Council departments, including Education; Environmental Health, Legal Services
- professionals at other organisations including GPs, Health, DWP, Housing Benefits (CIVICA), NHS;
- current/previous housing providers.
We process personal information to deliver our public functions as a local authority – working with Home Office, resettlement partner organisations and refugees to provide resettlement services, including provision of accommodation, housing management support and advice.
We keep your information safe and confidential, but we may be required by law to share it due to legal obligations to safeguard the welfare of any person who may be at risk of harm if the information is not shared; and where it is necessary, to prevent, detect, investigate or punish a crime.
We retain information for as long as the operation of refugee resettlement programmes by Hull City Council remains live (even if the applicant is not actively supported by the Refugee Service). This enables the Refugee Service to re-engage with a refugee should an important issue occur after their support has finished or to invite refugees to participate/collaborate in significant community/refugee events, eg Freedom Festival, International Carnival, Refugee Week, after the support period has ended.
Find out more information on our general privacy notice page
If you would like more details about how we use your personal information or wish to complain please contact –
Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
Email - Information@hullcc.gov.uk
Tel - 01482 300300
You also have the right to complain to the regulator –
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone - 03031 231 113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number