Council House subsidence

Subsidence is movement/settlement to a property identified by large cracks in internal and/or external walls.

If you feel your property has subsidence please contact us on - 01482 300 300.

If our Project Surveyor or principal contractor (Kingstown Works Limited) identifies possible subsidence during a property inspection they will ask for a survey of the property to be completed by a structural engineer from Norfolk Property Services (NPS). We will send you a letter to inform you when we have requested a structural engineer visit.

The engineer will visit your home and prepare a full report which they will send to us to take the appropriate action. This may be to-

  • monitor any further movement 
  • carry out minor repairs and monitor any movement 
  • carry out major repairs.

We will send you a letter to let you know what happens next.