Unauthorised Occupation

You need to report this to us immediately if you think that a council property –

  • has been abandoned
  • has been absconded by the tenant
  • has squatters or other unauthorised occupants

You can report this to us by either

  • by contacting 01482 300 300
  • by completing the below form and providing the address of the property and as much information as possible as to its condition and what you believe has happened.


What happens next?

The local housing team will investigate the situation and, if appropriate, arrange for the property to be secured.

Please note that the council can only act upon reported council premises. If it is a private property where you suspect there are unauthorised occupants, it is advised that you contact your local police station (non emergency 101)