A person is threatened with homelessness if they -
- are likely to become homeless in 56 days
- have received a valid notice to quit (S21 notice)
- have received a notice that landlord requires possession of accommodation (NOSP) which expires within 56 days.
If you're threatened with homelessness and are eligible for help, we can help to prevent your homelessness.
A person could be homeless if they -
- have no home in the UK or elsewhere that they have a legal right to occupy
- have a movable home such as a boat or caravan and there is nowhere it can be placed lawfully
- you're at risk from harm if you stay in your current home
If you think you may be homeless or threatened with homelessness we may be able to help you to remain in your home or move to another home. The earlier you contact us the more we'll be able to help you.
If you're homeless we'll look at whether or not you have local connections in the area such as -
- how long you've lived in the area
- if you're employed in the area
- you've close family in the area
- other special circumstances
We'll talk to you about your circumstances. This will help us to understand your situation and any support and help you may need. We'll fill in a Personal Housing Support Plan and agree with you what you need to do and also what we need to do to help you. Over the course of your application we'll keep you up to date with what we are doing to help you. You'll also need to make sure you get in touch with us regularly to let us know what you've done from your Personal Housing Support Plan.
If you need any more help you can fill in our online form or call us on 01484 300 300