Problems paying your rent

If you can't pay your rent, don't ignore the problem. You need to talk to your landlord as soon as possible. We can also help by giving you advice and information that may prevent you from losing your home. 

You can take a look at the advice on this page first and if you've any more questions you can either fill in our online form or give us a call 01482 300 300

Rent arrears

If you don't pay your rent, your landlord can evict you and this could mean that you lose your home. If you can't pay your rent you need to get help as soon as you can. If you already get help with paying your rent, but you are still struggling to pay a shortfall you can submit an application for discretionary housing payment. If your claim is successful and discretionary housing payment is awarded this will only be for a short period of time and you should seek further advice.

You can get free advice from - 

Money Advice Service 

Citizen Advice


We can also give you advice if you are behind paying your rent. Fill in our online form above.

Help with debt and money

It is important to make sure you can afford to pay your rent before signing a tenancy agreement. You can use the Government benefit calculator to check which benefits you may be entitled too. 

Access the Government benefit calculator