Hull Warm Zone is a not for profit partnership with Hull City Council, National Energy Action and nPower. We can provide help to reduce the cost of keeping warm by providing grants, advice and support.
Home owners and private tenants can access funding for the following types of house improvements -
- cavity wall insulation
- loft insulation
- central heating systems
- boiler replacements
- external wall insulation
For free installations you need to -
- live in a qualifying postcode area
- are in receipt of qualifying benefits
- have long term health conditions which are caused or exacerbated by the cold
Contact us to discuss your eligibility and for a free no obligation assessment.
If you live in a council property we can flag up issues with our housing department on your behalf and provide advice and support.
Installing energy saving improvements significantly help towards reducing costs and improving warmth within your home but we can also refer you to free services from a large range of partners that can provide additional support.
You can request a home visit from a trained assessor to assess your household needs. We will then apply for any grant funded improvements and referrals we think you may be eligible for.
We can also offer -
- benefit checks
- referrals for - financial advice, tariff switching and fuel poverty assessments
- meter reading, heating programmer set up, understanding your energy bills and avoiding damp and condensation
- fuel debt advice and support
- fuel poverty vouchers – for install of gas supply (domestic only)
- community energy purchasing and money saving clubs
- thermal image reports
We have a dedicated resource for anyone employed in the city whose job involves supporting individuals either face to face or in clients homes. Hotspots is a multi agency signposting network providing access to a wide range of partners in the city. Hotspots aims to provide a 'one point of contact' service for issues relating to cold homes and fuel poverty support.
Referrals are made into Hull Warm Zone with a hotspots referral card provided to your organisation following a brief trainings session. If you would like to arrange hotspots training, please contact our team to book your free training session.