COVID-19 service update
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, the Hull Warm Homes Team will no longer be undertaking home visits, we will instead complete applications over the telephone and via email and prioritise the most vulnerable who are without any heating or hot water.
Energy efficiency and affordable warmth
The Warm Homes Team can provide help to reduce the cost of keeping warm by providing grants, advice and support, and sometimes funding for the following house improvements -
- cavity wall insulation
- loft insulation
- first time gas central heating systems
- boiler replacements
- external wall insulation
For free installations you need to -
- be receiving qualifying benefits
- have long term health condition
- have a disability
- have young children
- be elderly
Contact us to discuss your eligibility and for a free no obligation assessment.
If you live in a council property we can flag up issues with our housing department on your behalf and provide advice and support.
Installing energy saving improvements significantly help towards reducing costs and improving warmth within your home but we can also refer you to free services from a large range of partners that can provide additional support.
You can request a home visit from a trained assessor to assess your household needs. We will then apply for any grant funded improvements and referrals we think you may be eligible for.
Depending upon what is required, we may provide:
- home visits - to complete applications for grant funding or if in-home support is needed
- telephone advice - for basic support/advice/information
- postal packs - bespoke advice
- hotspots affordable warmth network - referrals from and to local, partner organisations such as Age UK, Fire Service or other Hull City Council Departments
We can also offer -
- benefit checks
- referrals for - financial advice, tariff switching and fuel poverty assessments
- meter reading, heating programmer set up, understanding your energy bills and avoiding damp and condensation
- fuel debt advice and support
- fuel poverty vouchers – for install of gas supply (domestic only)
- money saving clubs and discounts
- loan of a heater