We are making improvements including external solid wall insulation and frontage improvements for private homes in some prioritised areas. These have been supported by RGF funding from The Humberside Local Enterprise Partnership.
Frontage Improvements 2018-2021
These streets were approved in 2017 as a priority for future work if the necessary funding could be found.
Following this in 2018 the council agreed to start a three year programme of frontage improvement work to five of these including their court terraces -
- Dover Crescent
- Fern Grove
- Alma Avenue
- Linden Grove
- Pemperton Gardens
- Hornsea Villas
- Folkestone Avenue
- Saltburn Avenue
- Hastings Avenue
- Maye Grove
- Granville Grove
- Devon Grove
- Granville Villas
Ruskin & Perry Street - includes external wall insulation
- Laurel Grove
- Park Avenue
- Brentwood Villas
- Ruskin Avenue
Conway Close - includes external wall insulation
The works will consist of
- replacement boundary walls and railings
- bay aprons
- footpaths (gate to door) for those properties that have front gardens
- replacement of court terrace footpaths
- renewal of rainwater goods including fascias, gutters and fall-pipes to the fronts of properties
- the painting of wooden windows and doors and renewing of existing painting brickwork and render (where appropriate) to the front of properties and some sides if prominent on the street.
- In addition to these works Ruskin & Perry Street and Conway Close (and associated court terraces) will receive external solid wall insulation
The improvements are listed and sent to owners for signing along with a sign up agreement, before the start of any work.
Some minor repair work may also be undertaken where necessary. Other items will be discussed when on site such as communal gates, street clean operations, street lighting and communal terrace walls.
In agreement with Engie (the contractor) the start of the Perry, Ruskin and Conway scheme due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Work began September 2020 with scaffold erected on Conway Close and rendering works are underway.
More information on loans that may help you make repairs or improvements to your property