This programme is funded through the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.
Building better opportunities is a free, personalised programme that supports people aged 25 and over to overcome barriers to accessing employment, education and training.
To be eligible for this support you must be -
- aged 25 and over
- live in Hull
- not currently in paid employment
- claiming benefits and have multiple barriers or issues preventing you from achieving your goals
Apply to take part
You can apply to join the Building Better Opportunities programme.
This online service is currently unavailable for a temporary period. Please telephone 01482 612 736 if you wish to access this service or email us at BBO@hullcc.gov.uk. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Benefits of taking part
You get the chance to work with a dedicated Key Worker, depending on the level of support you need. Your Key Worker meets with you at a local setting, convenient to you and can offer help with -
- support for debt advice, housing and tenancy support, health and wellbeing issues
- finding activities that help to increase your confidence and self esteem
- assistance finding suitable training
- access to work experience
- job searching
- CV writing
- filling in application forms
- practising interview techniques
All of the support is confidential.
Key Worker meetings
You can choose somewhere that is easy for you to get to and feel comfortable talking. This could be at a local cafe, community centre or library.
For any further information about the programme telephone 01482 614 204