This programme has been designed to help a young person build their CV, increase self-confidence, and improve understanding of the need for a CV and the skills which employers are looking for. It is delivered by intervention staff on a one to one basis.
The aims of the CV workshop sessions are to –
- help the young people understand the importance and role of a CV
- identify positive elements of CV’s as well as things to avoid
- help the young people review their own CV
- understand how to tailor a CV to a specific job advert
Once a young person has taken part in these sessions they should be able to –
- review a CV and identify some areas that it could be improved
- identify key words in a job advert
- know how to change a CV to meet different requirements
On completion of the programme a referral could be made to further agencies who can provide additional support with employment or education.