Health and Well-being/Staying Safe

Being physically healthy, mentally well and staying safe are all really important. Your Personal Adviser can support you to register with basic health care services such as a GP, Dentist and even an Optician. If you have a health related appointment we will make sure you can get to it and will also try to attend with you if you feel you need some support. There are a range of services and support you can access to help to maintain or improve your general health and wellbeing as well as some more specialised services should you become unwell. Your Personal Adviser is always there to talk if you have any worries and can help you to access some help if you need it. 

Sometime when people think about their health they think about physical health but your mental health and wellbeing are just as important. Being Happy and being active are 2 things we want you to feel and be.

If you feel that you are unhappy or may be struggling to cope with things, you can access a range of talking therapies through Lets Talk. You can refer yourself or ask your Personal Adviser to help you with this. Click on the following link for more information

Let's talk

Mental Health Response Service

If you are in a crisis and need someone to talk to you can contact the Mental Health Crisis Team 


ReFresh is a young people’s drug and alcohol service providing confidential support for young people up to the age of 18 who live, study or work in Hull. For more information on Refresh 

Renew offer drug and alcohol support services for young people 18years and over. For more information on Renew

Sexual Health

For young people over 19 years of age you can get advice and support around sexual health from MESMAC

Live It Memberships (Tonic Cards)

Young people up to the age of 21 years can access a Tonic Card which will get you access to Hull Culture and Leisure facilities like gyms and some classes. There are discounts for some activities like ice skating too. If you do not have a Tonic Cared already get in touch with your Personal Adviser who will arrange for one to be posted out to you.

Social/Leisure/Cultural activities

We are currently working with Hull Culture and Leisure Services to find more opportunities for you to get active and get involved in local activities.

We often get offers of free tickets to the theatre, shows at the city hall and Gigs and festivals. Keep an eye out on our FB Page


If you have a Hobby, an interest you would like to investigate, or are a member of a club or team, talk to your PA who can help you look for a team/club or even help with membership fees/clothing equipment ?