At the very heart of everything, both our fostering team and our foster carers aim to provide the safest care possible to children and young people.
Being a foster carer is not always easy but it is extremely rewarding. If you decide to foster we will help you through your journey of becoming a foster carer.
If you would like to know more about fostering, the fostering process and if it’s right for you, then request an information pack today.
- text “FOSTER” to 81888 (your standard text rate applies)
- email Fostering@hullcc.gov.uk
- visit our Hull fostering Facebook page
- visit our Twitter page
- call 01482 612 800
You can foster if you are over the age of 21 (there is no upper age limit) and regardless of your -
- relationship status
- race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
- household income, financial status, employed, unemployed, retired
- council tenant, private tenant, home owner
To foster you must have your own home or tenancy in you or your partner's name and -
- have a spare bedroom solely available for a foster child to stay in
- cannot have any convictions against children
- need to live within approx. 40 miles of Hull
Types of fostering -
- mainstream care - where a child would live with you for a short period or an arranged long time
- support care – this is where a child (whose birth family needs support) may come and stay with you for a short period or weekend
- respite care - carers look after foster children for a few days, weekends or evenings to support the child’s regular main foster carers
- emergency and remand care – a specialist type of fostering
As a Foster Carer you receive a weekly financial allowance, continuous support and any training you need.
The Foster Carer's Charter
We have signed up to the government’s Foster Carers' Charter as a sign of our commitment to foster carers. We want foster carers to feel valued and respected for the work they do and their commitment to transform a child’s life. If you decide to foster a child from Hull we will help and support you through your journey of becoming a foster carer.