Dead animal collections

Welcome to Hull City Council’s new website. We hope you like our new design and find it easy to use. You can tell us what you think, or make suggestions for improvements, using this form.

You can raise a request for us to collect a dead animal if it is located within the Hull city boundary (except on the A63) on –

  • a public highway
  • land adjacent to a public highway
  • areas open to the public
  • private land (excluding railway land, watercourses and motorways)

To report a dead animal on the A63/A1033 (Clive Sullivan Way, Castle Street, Garrison Road and Hedon Road), contact Highways England on 0300 1235 000 or via email

You can also telephone Humberside Police on 101.

Domestic animals

In cases of extreme hardship, and when requested as a last resort, we also collect pets from domestic properties.

What happens next

We collect dead animals within one day of the request, including all bank holidays and public holidays except Christmas Day.

All dogs and cats are scanned for microchips to find the owner.