To apply for two year old funding you must, as a family, be claiming at least one of the following benefits -
- income support
- income based jobseeker's allowance (JSA)
- income related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- support through part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
- working tax credit if you have an income of £16,190 or less (as per HM Revenue and Customs)
- working tax credit four week run on
- universal credit
You can also apply if your child –
- is looked after by us
- has left care through special guardianship, adoption or residence order
- is in receipt of disability living allowance (DLA)
- has a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
If you have a two year old child you can apply for funding for free early education.
When to apply
Submit your application during the term that your child turns two. Use the table below in order to select the correct term in which to apply -
|Spring||1 January - 31 March|
|Summer||1 April - 31 August|
|Autumn||1 September - 31 December|
What happens next
We respond to your application within five working days. If you apply during a term before or after the term in which your child turns two then our response times vary.
If eligible, your funding will become available from the term after the one in which your child turns two. Funding continues until the term after their third birthday. If you apply after your child turns two, you still only receive funding until the term after their third birthday.
If eligible your two year old can receive -
- 15 hours childcare per week for 38 weeks of the year
- childcare over a minimum of two days per week
- care between two and a half and 10 hours per day between the hours of 7am and 7pm
Funding can be split between two providers.