How to bid
You need to be registered on our housing list (Homesearch) to bid for properties.
You can bid for properties
- online - you need your Homesearch reference number to log on.
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your application reference number, your name, date of birth and the details of the properties (reference numbers and addresses) you want to bid for
- by text 07795 563 000 you must start with bid (followed by a space) and provide your housing application reference number, name and the property references of the properties you wish to bid on.
- in person at customer service centres. You can also place your bids online using public computers in the customer service centres and libraries
- by telephoning 01482 300 300
Our online bidding page is currently showing a different format to usual but you are still able to bid using this page. You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to log on as normal.
The number of bids you can make in each advert depends on which priority band you are in. If you are in band -
- A or B you can make up to six bids
- C, D or E you can make up to three bids
If you bid for a property that is not owned by us you are agreeing for us to share your details with that landlord.
Adverts are published weekly on a Thursday morning and bidding closes the following Monday at 5pm. This may change across public holidays or to carry out essential system maintenance.
We expect a high volume of people using the website on Thursdays when bidding opens. If you encounter any problems signing in or placing bids on Thursdays please be aware that it is not a first come first served process and you have until bidding closes to place your bids. The properties are only accessible Thursdays to Mondays.
You need to scroll to the bottom of the page and select browse all available properties.
It is important you do not bid for properties you are not eligible for as we cannot consider you for them.
To bid for a sheltered property you must be registered on our sheltered housing list. To be eligible you must -
- be 55 or over
- need the support that sheltered accommodation offers
When bidding is open there are three search icons at the bottom of the page. To bid for a property you must add it to your basket. Once you have added all of your bids to your basket you need to confirm them or they are not placed.
Make sure you allow enough time to place your bids before the 5pm deadline. Any bids received after the deadline are not considered.
If you are not able to bid yourself and do not have anyone to help you we offer an assisted bidding service. We agree with you in advance the areas and property types you would like to be considered for and bid on your behalf when a matching property is advertised.