The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act gives you a right of access to recorded information held by us.
Anyone can request information, there are no restrictions on your age, nationality or where you live.
Before you make a request
Make sure you -
- are not able to access the information you require by other means. Our publication scheme lists the information we publish
Find out more about our publication scheme
- apply directly to the correct organisation, we do not hold -
- comprehensive information relating to current pupils and students, this is held by the relevant school
- health information, held by the health authorities
- police information, held by Humberside Police
What happens next
If you have asked for information –
- we hold about you, your request is handled under the Data Protection Act
Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more about the Data Protection Act
- related to the environment, your request is handled under the Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs)
Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more about the Environmental Information Regulations
We acknowledge your information request as soon as possible. Our final response is sent within 20 working days.
We may turn down your request if –
- the information is sensitive. If this applies we tell you why we can’t give you some or all of the information you have requested
- it will cost more than £450 to find and extract the information. This cost to us is based on an hourly rate for finding, sorting or collating the information requested
If a request involves photocopying, printing or posting, charges are -
- no charge for the first 20 sheets, 25p per sheet thereafter
- minimum postage charge of £2.50
The payment is required before the request is actioned.
Reviews and complaints
If you are not happy with the outcome of your freedom of information request, you can ask us to review our decision.