Alley areas that suffer from high levels of crime or antisocial behaviour may benefit from being closed at certain times (such as a night or during weekends). When we plan to close an alleyway with a gate, we will issue a gating order.
To comment on any of the gating orders listed below, you need to -
- send your comments in an email to email@example.com or by post to the address at the bottom of the page
- quote the gating order reference number on your correspondence - the reference number is shown on the relevant order
- make sure your comments will reach us by the deadline - the deadline for comments is shown on the relevant order
How we decide to make a gating order
Gating orders can be made in relation to any highway for which we are the highway authority, if we are satisfied that the -
- premises adjoining or adjacent to the highway are affected by crime or antisocial behaviour
- existence of the alley is helping people to commit crime or antisocial behaviour
Gating orders are reviewed on a yearly basis.
You can contact us via -
Hull City Council
Alfred Gelder Street
Tel - 01482 300 300
Text phone - 01482 300 349
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org