If you are thinking of using fireworks, you need to handle and store them carefully to protect you, your family and friends safety.
Firework and Bonfire Safety (FAB)
The Firework and Bonfire Safety Group (FAB) is a multi agency task force looking at the safety of the public over mischief night and 5 November, working to reduce the sale of illegal fireworks and organise the removal of illegal bonfires.
The aims of the partnership initiative are to -
- reduce incidents of ASB during both Halloween and Bonfire night
- help protect the elderly and the vulnerable
- help protect unsupervised children
- provide guidance and support to communities by working with partner agencies
Illegal firework sales to young people
It is illegal to sell fireworks to young people under 18. If you suspect a business is selling fireworks to underage people, report it to us.
Report illegal sales to young people
If you are concerned about a firework seller our trading standards section can provide you with advice about and investigate complaints regarding the -
- storage of fireworks
- sale and supply of fireworks
- underage sales of fireworks
- the type of firework which can be sold
- the maximum noise level for certain fireworks
- when fireworks can be sold