Housing, garages and lifeline rent payments

Welcome to Hull City Council’s new website. We hope you like our new design and find it easy to use. You can tell us what you think, or make suggestions for improvements, using this form.

We have several convenient ways for you to pay your housing, garages and lifeline rent payments.

You need your reference number which is 10 digits. If you have a council issued housing rent payment card or council tenant mobile lifeline payment card (swipecard), you can find your reference on the front of your card in the bottom left corner just below your name.


Make a secure payment anytime with myPayments. You need - 

  • your debit or credit card
  • an email address to be sent a receipt (optional)

Direct debit

We can set up regular payments from your bank or building society account on your behalf. You just need to complete and return our direct debit mandate.

Choose to pay by -

  • weekly installments (50 weeks with two free weeks over the Christmas period)
  • 12 monthly installments on the sixth, 13th, 20th or 27th of each month   

If you are in arrears with your rent, you must continue to pay your rent over the Christmas period along with any arrangements you have made to reduce your arrears. 

You can access the direct debit weekly and monthly mandates below.



Post your direct debit mandate to -

  • Freepost RSJC-KKBE-ABXZ
  • HS - Housing Finance
  • Hull City Council
  • PO Box 15
  • Hull
  • HU1 2AB

Transfers or standing orders

You can transfer a one off payment or set up regular payments from your bank or building society through online banking, telephone banking or in person. Please fill in the standing order form and return directly to your bank or building society. You can access the standing order, amend and cancel mandates below.

Our bank details are -

  • Sort code: 62-11-79
  • Account number: 0000 0000

You need to quote -

  • 0000 0800 followed by your 10 digit reference number


You can pay anytime by automated telephone payment on 01482 300 300 (select option 1). Our contact centre staff are available to take payments -

  • Monday to Friday, 8am - 7pm
  • Saturdays, 9am - 1pm

You'll need -

  • your reference number
  • a debit or credit card

In person

You can pay at by debit or credit card at any of our customer service centres. Some also take cash or cheque.

Find out more about our customer service centres

If you have a swipecard, you can pay your housing, garages or lifeline rent at any -

Find out how to request a swipecard


Make your cheque or postal order payable to - Kingston upon Hull City Council - and write your reference number on the back. Send it to -

  • Hull City Council
  • Treasury Building
  • PO Box 15
  • Guildhall Road
  • Hull
  • HU1 2AB

Make sure you use the appropriate postal option so your payment arrives on time.

Debit and credit cards

We accept the following debit and credit cards -

  • Visa
  • Visa Debit
  • Visa Electron
  • Mastercard
  • Maestro

We do not accept American Express.