Private rented housing conditions

Welcome to Hull City Council’s new website. We hope you like our new design and find it easy to use. You can tell us what you think, or make suggestions for improvements, using this form.

If you are privately renting you can report a problem in your home using the form below.

We investigate complaints about -

  • internal and external broken fixtures and fittings
  • missing fixtures
  • damp
  • faulty electrics and / or plumbing
  • a lack of bathrooms, kitchen or wash hand basins
  • a lack of or broken heating and hot water

What happens next

We respond to your report within two working days.

Further help

For help and advice access our videos of common hazards in the home -