The black bin is used for anything you can’t recycle such as -
- crisp packets
- bubble wrap
If you are unsure if something can be recycled, put it in the black bin.
We can only collect what is inside the bin and the lid must be closed.
- present bins by 7am
- return bins to property when emptied
- keep bin lids closed
- number your bins
The following items should not be placed in the black bin -
- commercial waste
- garden waste including soil, stones, green waste or similar materials*
- building materials*
- liquids including paint and oil*
- asbestos** and other hazardous, toxic or flammable substances
- clinical waste and sharps
- fluorescent tubes*
- hot ashes
- car batteries*
- gas bottles* (contact 01482 300 300 for a list of gas suppliers)
- other waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)*
Items marked (*) may be taken to any Household Waste Recycling Centre. Asbestos marked (**) may be taken to Wiltshire Road Household Waste Recycling Centre only. This list is not fully exhaustive.
Your black bin is emptied every two weeks on your collection day. Please put your bin out by 7am at the boundary of your property and return it as soon as you can after it’s been emptied. We empty bins between 7am and 4.30pm. If your bin is missed, please contact us within 48 hours of your collection day.
If you need help moving your bin, we can give you an assisted collection. Please telephone 01482 300 300 or email email@example.com
Request replacement, additional bins or cancel a service
If you need a replacement black bin or want to request a bin exchange, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01482 300 300.
There is a replacement charge for a new bin of £33.
If you have a family of six or more, you can request an extra bin.