Road markings, signals and signs

We are responsible for the new road markings and traffic signs on the public highway. Road markings can be advisory (for example keep clear markings) or enforceable (for example yellow lines, box junctions, stop lines). Traffic signs can be enforceable (for example no entry, no waiting, speed limit signs and so on), give warnings, information or directions.

Some new markings or signs will require a Traffic Regulation Order being made before they can be installed. The request must first be advertised in the local newspaper and on site to allow anyone to object. Any objections are heard by the relevant area committee. If the committee overrules the objections then the Traffic Regulation Order is made and the proposals installed.

We will remove any illegal signs. We also maintain traffic signs and road markings on the public highway which have been removed, damaged or have become faded.

You can contact us via - 

Traffic services
Hull City Council
2nd floor
Festival House
93 Jameson Street

Telephone - 01482 300 300 20200118155845