Roadworks and closures

We deal with permanent and temporary road closures to make sure roadworks to be carried out. Road closures need to be applied for and go through an approval process.

We also control various public highway activities such as the placement/use of scaffolding, hoardings, containers, building materials, skips etc by issuing permits. If you wish to make an application for a permit please contact us.

We monitor and co-ordinate work carried out by the utility companies – such as Yorkshire Water, Yorkshire Electricity and Kingston Communications. This monitoring makes sure a co-ordinated approach to road closures to limit the amount of disruption to road users.

If you wish to query such works or wish to report works that are unsatisfactory please contact us.

You can view current and forthcoming roadworks on searchable maps. Use the button below to launch the online maps for roadworks within the city, or use select -

Access local and national roadworks information

You can also set up alerts to let you know of proposed and ongoing works that may affect your journeys.

Contact us

If you would like to report a problem with any roadworks, or if you would like more information on roadworks and road closures, please contact us.

Highways Network Management
2nd floor
Festival House
93 Jameson Street

Tel: 01482 300 300