Adult social care feedback and complaints


If you are unhappy with your experience of adult social care it is important that you tell us. It gives us the opportunity to put it right and to make sure our systems are improved.

If you are unhappy with a service you receive from a support or care provider, including a care home, day care provider or home care agency, we would encourage you to talk to them directly in the first instance.

If you do not feel able to do this, or are unhappy with their response or would prefer to talk to us about it then you can contact us by using one of the methods in the 'how to complain' section.

You can also contact the Care Quality Commission if you have any general concerns about the standard of care provided.

Visit the Care Quality Commission website to find out more

How to complain

We aim to resolve concerns as quickly and informally as possible. When you contact us we will need to know what happened and what you think should be done to put things right.

Most of the concerns we receive are resolved informally by discussing the problem with a member of staff. If you are able to talk to the managers who deliver your service, this is often the quickest and best way to get a problem resolved. The managers and staff work hard to ensure issues are responded to quickly and resolved at this stage wherever possible.

If you do not feel able to do this, are not sure who to speak to or you are unhappy with the response from the local manager you can complete our online form below.

Alternatively you can -

  • call 01482 300300
  • send your complaint in writing  

Please send all written feedback to -

Contact Co-ordinator
​​​​Adult Social Care
​​​​Strategic Service Development Team
​​​​Warehouse 8
​​​​Guildhall Road
​​​​HU1 1HJ

Once you have made a complaint

  • we will contact you within three working days of your first contact with us. We aim to settle your concern during this initial contact wherever possible
  • if we are unable to resolve your concern during this initial contact we will undertake an investigation. We will inform you in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 20 days of this contact
  • if you are unhappy with the outcome, you have the right to appeal through the service area appeal process
  • we hope we can work with you to resolve your concern, but if you are not satisfied with the outcome following your appeal, you may wish to contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

Visit the Local Government Ombudsman website to find out more