Physical difficulties in your home

Equipment and adaptations 

If you're struggling to live in your home because of an injury or long term illness, equipment and adaptations in your home could help you to live in your own home independently.
For more information

help in my home

See and solve

Disabled Facilities Grants

You could get a grant if you're disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example - 

  • widen doors and install ramps
  • improve access to rooms and facilities - eg stair lifts or a downstairs bathroom
  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use

Find out more about Disabled Facilities Grants or call (01482) 300300.

If you feel you need to move because your home isn't suitable any more because of your health issues you can register for council housing.

You can ask for an assessment of your health more information on

medical priorities which may give you a higher priority for your housing application.

If you need any more help you can fill in our online form or call 01484 300 300