Access to services will be limited as a result of the necessary changes and measures that will introduced as a result of coronavirus.
Initially, the following libraries will reopen for appointment-based services only, including a Select and Collect service -
- Hull Central Library in Albion Street from 9.30am on Thursday 9 July
- Bransholme Library at North Point Shopping Centre from 1.30pm on Thursday 9 July
- Fred Moore Library in Wold Road from 10am Thursday 9 July
- Greenwood Avenue Library in Greenwood Avenue from 2pm on Wednesday 8 July
- Ings Library in Savoy Road from 2pm on Thursday 9 July
- Western Library in The Boulevard from 10am on Saturday 11 July
Rail card services will be by appointment only.
To use the Select and Collect service call 01482 210000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following will initially remain closed -
- Avenues Library in Chanterlands Avenue
- East Park Library in East Park
- Freedom Centre Library in Preston Road
- Gipsyville Library in North Road
- Longhill Library in Shannon Road
- Waudby Library in The Waudby Centre, Annandale Road
Safety measures will be in place at Hull libraries to protect staff and service users.
Anyone aged 60 or over can purchase a national senior citizens railcard for £30 for one year. However, as a Hull resident you are eligible to a railcard at a discounted cost of £24. To apply for the discount you need a unique voucher code which you can apply for at one of the following libraries – you will need to provide proof of age and address.
Once you have your voucher code you can purchase your railcard online or by telephoning 0844 871 4036