Adult social care feedback

Your feedback

If you are unhappy with your experience of adult social care, it is important that you tell us. It gives us the opportunity to put it right and to make sure our systems are improved.

If you are unhappy with a service you receive from a support or care provider including a care home, a day care provider or home care agency, we would encourage you to talk to them directly in the first instance. If you do not feel able to do this, are unhappy with their response or would prefer to talk to us about it you can contact us by - 

  • completing the online feedback form
  • telephoning our Contact Centre on 01482 300 300
  • writing to -

Contact Co-ordinator
​​​​Adult Social Care
​​​​Strategic Service Development Team
​​​​Warehouse 8
​​​​Guildhall Road
​​​​HU1 1HJ

We aim to handle all feedback as quickly and informally as possible. When you contact us, we will need to know what happened and what you think could be done to put things right. Most of the feedback we receive is resolved informally by discussing the problem with a member of staff.

You will receive an acknowledgement email/letter within three working days to confirm any investigation timescales.

If you can talk to the managers who deliver your service, this is often the quickest and best way to get a problem resolved. The managers and staff work hard to make sure that issues are responded to quickly and resolved at this stage wherever possible.

We hope we can work with you to resolve your feedback, but if you are not satisfied with the outcome following the investigation you may wish to contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

You can also contact the Care Quality Commission if you have any general concerns about the standard of care provided.