Make a change to a birth certificate

Corrections to a birth registration

If you made a mistake in the original birth registration, the person who registered the birth to prove that an error exists. You can apply for a birth registration to be corrected. You will need to provide evidence to show that the information recorded is wrong.

A fee of up to £90 is applied to corrections or changes that are requested after registration. You can visit the GOV.UK website to find out more information on how to correct a birth registration.

There is a charge of £11 for new birth certificates requested after a correction.